McAfee has added a new product to their security tools lineup; an online backup client based on the Mozy backup software. Apart from the McAfee branding, the features appear identical: unlimited backup storage for a single PC. The announcement is up both on the McAfee website and Mozy’s blog.
I’m sure they didn’t mean it this way, but it looks like McAfee is calling Mozy “the worlds largest dedicated security company”. Their press release contains this exact statement (emphasis added): Continue reading McAfee offering branded Mozy online backup client
Verizon is quintupling the size of most of their online backup accounts, bringing them more in line with competing services. The new accounts are:
- 5 gigabytes (GB) of storage capacity for $1.99 a month (previously 1GB).
- 25 GB for $4.99 a month (previously 5 GB).
- 50 GB for $6.99 a month (previously 10 GB).
- 150 GB for $12.99 a month (previously 20 GB).
- 250 GB for $19.99 a month (five times the storage capacity of the previous highest-capacity offering of 50 GB for $30.99 a month).
Continue reading Verizon increasing the size of their Online Backup accounts
It must be Online Backup Week; the press releases from backup suppliers keep coming in. Today’s news comes from KeepVault, which announces their latest software version (3.15) is now fully compatible with Windows 7. It also adds an option to keep a local backup in addition to the online copy of your files.